Topic: Carterton Courthouse

Topic type:

Carterton Courthouse was built in 1882. It has been moved twice, both times to a different spot on Holloway Street.

It was originally located where the Carterton District Council Chambers now sit. In 1902, it was moved to the end of Holloway Street onto the grounds now used by Carterton School, and was extended.  In 1956 the St John Ambulance Brigade took over the building and moved it to its current location on Holloway Street.

 St John Hall, Carterton, 2005 

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion

Carterton Courthouse


City:Carterton